The Video Wall page allows users to view multiple Matrix Interactive video streams at once. The framerate of added streams will decrease to match the available bandwidth and processing power of the user’s workstation. Users can select which streams they would like to view via the Select Subscriber and Select Tag options. These options are described below.
Please Note: Rhombus brand cameras will not display a thumbnail image. Users can still select the the image area to view live view camera footage.
Users can either view streams by their assigned account number or tag. The two available options cannot be used in conjunction with one another.
Inputting a subscriber account number into the Account Number field will display all streams assigned to the account. Users can also select the magnifying glass icon to search for and select an account. See the Account Number Search documentation for more information on the account search functionality.
Selecting an option from the Select Tag dropdown will display all streams the selected tag is assigned to. Users can create and assign tags to streams within Matrix. See the Camera Analytics Setup documentation for more information on managing tags.
Users can interact with the displayed streams by selecting the stream identifiers. These identifiers and their functions are described below.
Selecting a stream will display an enlarged view of the stream. Users can resize this window as necessary to view a larger or smaller picture.
- Please Note: while viewing an enlarged video, the streams displayed behind the video will cease updating until the window is closed.
Quick Account Select
Selecting a stream’s account number will automatically update the displayed streams to that account’s streams only. This option is only applicable when viewing tagged streams belonging to multiple accounts.
- Please Note: selecting an account number from a stream will automatically populate the Account Number field with the applicable account identifier.
Quick Edit Select
Selecting a stream’s description will open the stream’s Camera Setup page in an alternate browser window. Users can then edit the stream information as necessary. See the Camera Setup documentation for more information on managing camera streams.
Selecting the telephone icon while hovering over a stream will voice down to the stream’s assigned extension. When selected, the user’s available phone will ring and automatically dial the assigned extension for Voice Down functionality. See the Stream Management documentation for more information on assigning extensions.
If the system is unable to connect or display the camera stream, the stream will display as black with a red identifier. This alerts users to broken or malfunctioning streams.
Users can perform the following troubleshooting steps to confirm cameras are configured correctly to properly stream on Video Wall.
- Switch the camera to use pimg for its Live View Integration type within Camera Setup. See the Add Stream documentation for more information on live view integrations.
- Confirm the stream’s RTSP Path is using its available sub-stream. If the primary stream is used, the resolution might be too high to properly stream on Video Wall.
- Confirm the stream’s resolution is set to a manageable setting. If the resolution is too high, the stream will be too taxing on the site’s bandwidth to properly stream on Video Wall.
- Confirm the stream’s framerate is set to a manageable setting. If the framerate is too high, the stream will be too taxing on the site’s bandwidth to properly stream on Video Wall.