This documentation instructs users on how to configure their Uniview network camera via a browser window by logging into the camera. Users will be instructed in how to configure the camera to send alarm signals to Matrix when motion is detected. See the Add Stream documentation for instructions on how to data enter cameras within Matrix.
This document contains supplemental documentation intended to be used in conjunction with your Uniview users’ manual. This document assumes the user is familiar with the setup and use of their Uniview network camera and has a copy of the applicable manual nearby to reference when necessary.
Please Note: Unless otherwise stated, the fields mentioned within this document are required for correct setup on the camera. If any of these fields are not available to you, you may require a software update. Contact the manufacturer for additional information.
The screenshots within this documentation are of the browser interface for a Uniview NVR308-64R-B Network Camera. Your interface may look different or have different options available. Be sure to consult your manual to confirm you are updating the correct settings.
Before proceeding to the following setup instructions, access the camera from your browser.
This section instructs users on how to configure the camera’s SMTP settings to communicate with Matrix when triggering signals. See the Stream Management documentation for more information on camera SMTP settings.
Network Video Recorders (NVR) are configured similarly to single camera streams for SMTP communication. See the General NVR Setup documentation for more information on configuring NVRs.
Perform the following steps to configure SMTP settings to send signals.
- Select the Setup tab.
- Select the Network tab located on the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Select the Email option.
- If applicable, select On for the Server Authentication option.
- This will grant access to the Username and Password fields.
- If applicable, define the camera’s Username as required by the camera’s settings.
- If applicable, define the camera’s Password as required by the camera’s settings.
- Input the Server address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the SMTP Server field.
- Input the Server Port number generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the SMTP Port field.
- Select the Attach Image option.
- Select 5s from the Snapshot Interval field.
- Input a brief identifier or description of the email origination into the Sender field.
- Input the email address the notification will send from into the Sender’s Address field.
- Select a recipient identifier from the Select Recipient dropdown.
- Input a brief description of the recipient into the Recipient field.
- Input the Recipient address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Recipient’s Address field.
- Select Save to complete creating the email recipient.
Motion Detection Setup
The Motion Detection functionality of your Uniview Camera has to be configured to prompt the signal to send when motion is identified in a particular area.
Perform the following steps to configure motion detection on the camera.
- Select the Setup tab.
- Select the Camera tab located on the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Select the Motion option.
- Select the camera you will be editing from the Select Camera dropdown.
- Select On for the Motion option.
- Configure all additional settings on the event per your Uniview User Manual.
- Whichever event type you select, be sure to select Send Email under the Trigger Action tab for all events you would like to be notified on.
- Select Save to complete configuring event notifications.
After completing the above instruction sets, your Uniview camera is now configured to send an email when motion is detected.