Thermal Radar Cameras
This documentation instructs users on how to configure their Thermal Radar network camera via a browser window by logging into the camera. Users will be instructed in how to configure the camera to send alarm signals to Matrix when motion is detected. See the Add Stream documentation for instructions on how to data enter cameras within Matrix.
This document contains supplemental documentation intended to be used in conjunction with your Thermal Radar users’ manual. This document assumes the user is familiar with the setup and use of their Thermal Radar devices and has a copy of the applicable manual nearby to reference when necessary.
Please Note: Unless otherwise stated, the fields mentioned within this document are required for correct setup on the device. If any of these fields are not available to you, you may require a software update. Contact the manufacturer for additional information.
Please Note: Your interface may look different or have different options available. Be sure to consult your manual to confirm you are updating the correct settings.
Before proceeding to the following setup instructions, access the camera from your browser.
The Alert Receivers functionality of your Thermal Radar device will be utilized to configure email notifications to send to DICE when motion is detected. This section instructs users on how to configure the camera’s SMTP settings to communicate with Matrix when triggering signals. See the Stream Management documentation for more information on camera SMTP settings.
Network Video Recorders (NVR) are configured similarly to single camera streams for SMTP communication. See the General NVR Setup documentation for more information on configuring NVRs.
Perform the following steps to configure the camera to send emails.
- Select Alert Receivers from the left-hand side menu.
- Select Add.
- This will automatically populate the table with a new alert.
- Select the alert just created.
- Select Thermal Radar from the Alert Format dropdown.
DICEinto the Name field.
- Input the Server address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Server Address field.
- Input 80 into the Server Port field.
- Input the Recipient address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the User Name field.
- Input the Recipient address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Password field.
matrix/tm-alertinto the Context field.
- Select Apply Changes to complete creating the new alert.