This documentation instructs users on how to configure their Sightlogix cameras via a browser window by logging into the camera. Users will be instructed in how to configure the camera to send alarm signals to Matrix when motion is detected. See the Add Stream documentation for instructions on how to data enter cameras within Matrix.
This document contains supplemental documentation intended to be used in conjunction with your Sightlogix users’ manual. This document assumes the user is familiar with the setup and use of their Sightlogix and has a copy of the applicable manual nearby to reference when necessary.
Please Note: Unless otherwise stated, the fields mentioned within this document are required for correct setup on the camera. If any of these fields are not available to you, you may require a software update. Contact the manufacturer for additional information.
The screenshots within this documentation are of the browser interface for a Sightlogix HD236-220 camera. Your interface may look different or have different options available. Be sure to consult your manual to confirm you are updating the correct settings.
Before proceeding to the following setup instructions, access your camera from your browser.
The Motion functionality of your Sightlogix camera has to be configured to prompt the email to send when motion is identified on the camera. This section instructs users on how to configure the camera’s SMTP settings to communicate with Matrix when triggering signals. See the Stream Management documentation for more information on camera SMTP settings.
Network Video Recorders (NVR) are configured similarly to single camera streams for SMTP communication. See the General NVR Setup documentation for more information on configuring NVRs.
Perform the following steps to configure motion on the camera.
- Select Network from the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Input the Recipient address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Camera Name field.
- Select Device from the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Input the Recipient address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Device Description field.
- Select Immix from the Motion On Event Servers dropdown.
- Input the Server address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Host field.
:2225after the server address within the Host field.
2into the Pre-Trgger (sec) field.
2into the Post-Trigger (sec) field.
30into the Post-Reset (sec) field.
- The settings within steps 8-10 are those recommended by DICE in order to obtain the optimal video length for AI recognition.
- Select Policy from the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Configure the motion boundary as desired within the camera view image.
- Select the plus icon to add a new zone to the camera.
- Select Alarm from the Type dropdown.
- Input the Recipient address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Description field.
- Select the desired alarm trigger type from the Alarm Condition dropdown.
- Select Save to complete creating the zone.
Repeat the above steps as necessary to configure your Sightlogix cameras.
After completing the above steps to configure your Sightlogix cameras to send motion clips to DICE, the cameras require a reboot to ensure the settings are properly saved and applied.
Perform the following steps to reboot the camera.
- Select Maintenance from the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Select Reboot Camera.
- Select OK to confirm the reboot.
The camera will reboot. Repeat the above steps for all cameras as necessary.