This documentation instructs users on how to configure their Geovision network camera via a browser window by logging into the camera. Users will be instructed in how to configure the camera to send alarm signals to Matrix when motion is detected. See the Add Stream documentation for instructions on how to data enter cameras within Matrix.
This document contains supplemental documentation intended to be used in conjunction with your Geovision users’ manual. This document assumes the user is familiar with the setup and use of their Geovision network camera and has a copy of the applicable manual nearby to reference when necessary.
Please Note: Unless otherwise stated, the fields mentioned within this document are required for correct setup on the camera. If any of these fields are not available to you, you may require a software update. Contact the manufacturer for additional information.
The screenshots within this documentation are of the browser interface for a Geovision GV-AVD2700 Network Camera. Your interface may look different or have different options available. Be sure to consult your manual to confirm you are updating the correct settings.
Before proceeding to the following setup instructions, access your camera from your browser.
This section instructs users on how to configure the camera’s SMTP settings to communicate with Matrix when triggering signals. See the Stream Management documentation for more information on camera SMTP settings.
Network Video Recorders (NVR) are configured similarly to single camera streams for SMTP communication.
- See the General NVR Setup documentation for information on configuring basic NVRs.
- See the Geovision NVR documentation for information on configuring Geovision brand NVRs
Perform the following steps to configure SMTP settings to send signals.
- Select the Setup tab.
- Select the Network tab located on the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Select the E-mail submenu beneath the Network tab to display the E-mail options.
- Input a brief identifier or description of the camera into the Name field.
- Input the email address the notification will send from into the Address field.
- Input the Server address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the SMTP Server field.
- Input the Server Port number generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the SMTP Port field.
- Select the Attach Image option.
- Select 5 from the Snapshot Interval(s) dropdown.
- If applicable, select On for the Server Authentication option.
- This will grant access to the Username and Password fields.
- If applicable, define the camera’s Username as required by the camera’s settings.
- If applicable, define the camera’s Password as required by the camera’s settings.
- Input a brief identifier or description of the recipient into the Name1 field.
- Input the Recipient address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Address1 field.
- Select Save to complete configuring E-mail settings.
Motion Detection Setup
The Motion Detection functionality of your Geovision Camera has to be configured to prompt the signal to send when motion is identified in a particular area.
Perform the following steps to configure motion detection on the camera.
- Select the Events tab located on the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Select the Common Alarm submenu beneath the Events tab to display the Motion Detection options.
- Configure the motion detection options for the event per your Geovision User Manual.
- After configuring all options as necessary to your setup, select Trigger E-mail from the Trigger Actions.
- Select Save to complete configuring event notifications.
After completing the above instruction sets, your Geovision camera is now configured to send an email when motion is detected.