This documentation instructs users on how to configure their Dahua network camera via a browser window by logging into the camera. Users will be instructed in how to configure the camera to send alarm signals to Matrix when motion is detected. See the Add Stream documentation for instructions on how to data enter cameras within Matrix.
This document contains supplemental documentation intended to be used in conjunction with your Dahua users’ manual. This document assumes the user is familiar with the setup and use of their Dahua network camera and has a copy of the applicable manual nearby to reference when necessary.
Please Note: Unless otherwise stated, the fields mentioned within this document are required for correct setup on the camera. If any of these fields are not available to you, you may require a software update. Contact the manufacturer for additional information.
The screenshots within this documentation are of the browser interface for an Dahua network camera. Your interface may look different or have different options available. Be sure to consult your manual to confirm you are updating the correct settings.
Before proceeding to the following setup instructions, access your camera from your browser.
This section instructs users on how to configure the camera’s SMTP settings to communicate with Matrix when triggering signals. See the Stream Management documentation for more information on camera SMTP settings.
Network Video Recorders (NVR) are configured similarly to single camera streams for SMTP communication. See the General NVR Setup documentation for more information on configuring NVRs.
Perform the following steps to create a recipient for the motion detection email.
- Select the Setting tab.
- Select the Network tab located on the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Select the SMTP (Email) option.
- Input the Server address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the SMTP Server field.
- Input the Server Port number generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Port field.
- If applicable, define the camera’s Username as required by the camera’s settings.
- If applicable, define the camera’s Password as required by the camera’s settings.
- Select the Attachment option.
- Input a brief description of the email into the Title field.
- Input the Recipient address generated under the stream’s SMTP Settings into the Mail Receiver field.
- Select the Plus icon to add the recipient.
- Select Save to complete creating the email recipient.
Motion Detection Setup
The Motion Detection functionality of your Dahua Camera has to be configured to prompt the email to send when motion is identified in a particular area.
Perform the following steps to configure motion detection on the camera.
- Select the Setting tab.
- Select the Event tab located on the left-hand sidebar menu.
- Select the Video Detection option.
- Select the Motion Detection tab.
- Select the Enable option.
- Configure all additional settings on the event per your Dahua User Manual.
- Select the Send Email option.
- Select the Snapshot option.
- Select Save to complete configuring event notifications.
After completing the above instruction sets, your Dahua camera is now configured to send an email when motion is detected.